Thursday, May 19

Well I just received a letter from the CSULA MSW program letting me know I have not been accepted for fall 2011. I got the same letter from USC last month. Well actually they said I am on the waiting list which does not sound too promising. Although I am disappointed, I can move on and do other things like find a job (I graduate in 2 weeks). I was really hoping to get into to the program, at least at CSULA. I have not lost hope. I am going to apply for 2012. I just can't help to wonder why I did not get in though. My GPA is good, my recommendations where excellent, and I devote a lot of my time to community service. Maybe it was my statement of purpose. I was not to thrilled with it when I submitted it even though I worked on it day and night for a month. I remember talking to a USC representative at an information session for the MSW program and he said it took him one year to write his letter and he got in. So I guess I have to put more time into my letter next time. Anyway, I am just thinking out loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment