Wednesday, May 18

Paper #5

I have been sitting here all day and night trying to figure out which angle I have to approach this next paper from. I really have no idea what my thesis is for Paper #5 and I am running out of time. Blogging has not been helping me get any work done but at least this counts for participation, right?

I need some help!! I know that the paper is about the similiarities or differences between the way we analyze ourselves and others but I'm really not sure what to write. Do we have to use social theories in our papers? Do we have to reference Marx, Weber or Durkheim?

I'M SO LOST!!!!

8 comments:

  1. sorry i am in the same boat as you are....maybe someone will have pity on us and help a little

    i think we just need a reference, i dont think we need to refer to social theories...but it is a sociology class...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I might be able to help...It is supposed to explain how we understand ourselves and others and if there are any similarities. I wrote mine on the fact that I understand myself and others through past experiences and these experiences create a way of thinking...(a.k.a. verstehen-for citation). I personally find many similarities in the way I understand myself and others so I talked about that. And we also need to discuss if we use sociological theory to understand people. I personally find that the fact that we have learned about sociology automatically seeps into the way we understand people. I used the idea of verstehen and Weber's theory to explain this idea that thoughts shape who we are. Therefore, I understand people through understanding that everyone's thinking is different and can control their behavior. Hope that helps!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot!! That really did help :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you...this is giving me more ideas now..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay. I'm getting frustrated again. I really don't know how to word this paper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. take it lightly: do you see yourself in the same terms you see others?
    does sociological theory help?
    you don't HAVE TO have used sociological theory, but you CAN.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so thanks to this post and another i have finally realized that i answered the wrong question for paper 5, i've been working on the right question for this paper this past weekend and i'm going to try to turn it in this week. i'm glad we have this blogging website now=)

    ReplyDelete