Monday, May 30

Reflections in one quarter

Am not much of a blogger and am not much of expressing my emotions and what I think. But this quarter has planted a seed that am not sure what form it will take when it blooms. On one side am getting all the sociology I need for my major and I want to agree and say that social forces are huge contributors to an individuals actions but there's one side that is looking at a new concept. A concept that puts the responsibility on each individual. I spent a great deal questioning why I got cheated on and blaming others for things in the past but in reality everyone makes their own decisions and I have nothing to do with it. I can't control anyone therefore I can't blame anyone for hurting me. I decide what I allow to affect me. It is tough but am taking responsibility and really learning to interpret this new concept and putting it to practice. The writing assignments have been so amazing for my reflections . . has anyone had a quarter full of reflections on life?

3 comments:

  1. Yes. this is a great blog indeed...
    The reflections paper helped me getting used to sociology again...
    my reflections happened most of the time when I was in class and reading other people's blogs or the class circles.
    It made me realize that I still had a passion for this major. I also look back in life and thank heavens for the difficulties that hit me because without them, I wouldn't be the person I am today.
    This quarter helped me move forward from my reflections. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ale_321 - thank you for this post - to recognize that the power is inside is the great recognition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that you made a great point about looking within yourself to truly learn about life. You are so right and I think a lot can change if you change yourself.

    ReplyDelete