Wednesday, May 25

Wednesday Night Blues

I just found out that my ex-bestfriend got accepted to USC. She has also been accepted to UCLA and UC Santa Barbara. I am extrememly happy for her. Never did I have a doubt in my mind that she wouldn't get into any of these schools. In my opinion, I don't know anyone else who derserves it more.

As I mentioned, we are no longer best friends, not even friends for that matter. We're only co-workers now. We stopped talking to each other completely but when we do, it is only work related. And each time we do, it is so obvious how fake we are with each other.

I called her a little while ago to congratulate her and let her know how happy I am for her. It was something I wanted to do, after all, she was a very close friend of mine. But even that conversation felt awkward. She didn't seem excited to hear from me. It seemed like she didn't appreciate the call at all. And now I feel sad. 

I'm a little bummed that my call wasn't recieved the way I thought it would be. And I just miss my friend. We had a special friendship that I never thought would end so abruptly. We got along so well, we were practically inseperable. But things always happen for a reason and that is what keeps me going. I called her because it was something I wanted to do. How she responds to my call is really out of my control. I know I did what I felt was right.... but then why do I still feel sad??

anyways... I'm done venting. Thanks for listening. Hope everyone has a good night!

5 comments:

  1. i think it was very brave of you to call her to congratulate her on her achievements. you did what was right in your heart and your mind. Her reaction was out of your control maybe in time she'll see you were a TRUE friend.
    You wanted her to miss you maybe she does but doesn't know how to show it...everyone needs time but as long as she knows you still care she'll feel she has a friend in you

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was in high school one of my friends one day completely stopped talking to me. It was the weirdest thing because I really do not know what happened. I would call her normally as I did and she just would not pick up the phone. I know we has gotten into a little argument sometime before that, but I thought it was all settled. We always got along really well, it was hard for me to just accept the fact that we were not friends anymore especially since it was so abrupt and I did not know what I did wrong. I also belive everything happens for a reason and all you can control is what you do. As much and you might miss your friendship with her, trust me you are on to bigger and better things. If she does not want to give you the time of day for whatever reason than that friendship is not worth it; a friendship is suppose to be a 2-way street. It is normal to miss someone that you used to have in your life in confide in, but there will be other people who will come into your life that you never thought that will definetly be worth wild and would not take your friendship for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes we just grow apart from the people we care about. I can relate to you. I had a friend that we were like sisters but we grew apart after high school and now it is so weird to talk to her because it is like I don't know her at all. It's always sad to end a friendship and I'm sorry you are going through this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all of your feedback. It really brought a smile to my face and it definitely made me feel better about my situation. It is nice to know that other people can relate to my situation and I don't have to feel silly for feeling the way I do.
    I know this is just apart of life and people will come in just as quickly as they will leave. Doesn't mean that it won't hurt along the way but this little support system of feedback has been extremely helpful. Thank you so much =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. people come and go. sometimes, for no reasons at all. It's hard to deal with it. My only opinion -as i feel i'm not qualified to give advice at the moment- is to be strong, and know that you were the bigger person to make the first move in calling no matter how awkward the situation.

    ReplyDelete