Tuesday, May 31

As I Procrastinate...

I have been thinking a lot about doing new things this summer. I remember MT saying in class that we all should give new things a try (I'm sure she didn't say the word "should" since that's a big no-no in sociology). I love that she said this because for the past three weeks I have been contemplating a new activity for the summer. I REALLY want to do something I have never done before. Or, I want to do MANY things that I have never done before. Along with finding a job (anyone know of a place that's hiring??), I want to just get out and have fun! I am so sick of doing the same things over and over again. I want to go hiking, camping, fishing, take a knitting class, swimming (I can swim, but I don't have the actual technique down), or maybe even a new sport.

Any suggestions? I would definitely prefer something FREE or close to it...I'm on a budget like everyone else :-)

2 comments:

  1. Yes. Disney, in Glendale, is looking for summer interns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about yoga? I practice yoga from home. Believe me, it's much cheaper than paying for one class at a studio. I recommend Rodney Yee DVD's. He's an awesome yoga instructor. At the end of a workout, you will feel relaxed and full of energy!

    Oh, and swim is such a good workout. If you decide to try it, OMG, be prepared to lose a whole lot of weight. The first time I took a swim class, I lost about twenty pounds! no joke!

    ReplyDelete