Saturday, May 21

Love exists

The day I found love was recently in a hospital. It was when I watched a Wife hold her Husband’s dying body deeply in her arms. The look on her face expressed the realization that few minutes remained before her love would be taken away from her. As she wept, I felt her pain overwhelm me. I could practically feel her Husbands pulse growing weaker, dimmer until finally his last breath occurred. Before her Husband died, I had the opportunity to speak to her numerous times. Both her Husband and my Grandfather were dying and before my Grandfather was brought home, I got to know her very well. She told me her life story with the man she loved so deeply and how she married her sweet heart. How they traveled the world together- experiencing the most incredible adventures through Australia, Europe, Africa and much more. She told me of their continuous love affair that lasted an entire lifetime. I knew she spoke of no ordinary love. Instead she described a love so rare, that it could only be imagined to most. I knew it was real when I saw her Husband look into her eyes and his eyes said I love you, I love you and I love you until he was gone. To know a love like that exists in the world is incredible. When you find love like that, you definitely know it and hold on to it as tight as possible. It was nice to see her be strong enough to comfort him the whole way. When I asked her what she is going to do without him, she replied, “I am going to continue living my life as if he never died.” I took that as she was going to continue living as happy as before and to be thankful for all the memories she did have with him.
Just a moment I will remember for the rest of my life. 
I wonder how many more moments I will have like this where it feels like I am brought back to the present and living in it completely. Because of her, I will try to live more presently and appreciate the beauty and people all around me. 
Don't get caught up in all the crap. :) Remember theres life all around that needs to be lived. If that makes sense. Anyway, I hope you all are having an amazing day and that  you all find love like this...if you haven't already. 

10 comments:

  1. wow. thank you for this!
    this is the second post on this blog today that brought tears to my eyes!
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. true love~ things you thought you could only find in movies or books...

    ReplyDelete
  3. omggggg this was so sad :(....if i were her I don't know if i could go on. she is strong. Love is just a word, until someone comes along and gives it meaning. I truly hope every individual finds their other half...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes i believe there is true love, but bc i am young (23) i dont think i have truly been introduce to love. i Think i have fallen in love twice, but now that i am out of them and able to analzye them with a unbiased opinion it makes me think if that was really love. I've had love for friends in my past and companionate love is what I crave be it from a bf, a gf, friend or family member. I think every needs someone that is a unbiased,truthful outlet that is able to take your crap(the bad times),and the good times.

    This woman is strong and I love her outlook on her husbands death. She was at peace with his passing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful story! Thank you. Sometimes the most painful experiences in our lives bring out the most profound moments of pure love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. totally agree. i have friends who are so deeply in love with each other that way. It's amazing to know compassion like that exists. Helps us to realize the little things in life just don't matter compared to experiencing the love for and by another person.. or even just love for people/the world/etc. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Most ppl would think about love wen they read ur story..wut i thought about is losing ur loved ones. We should always live our days like it is our last.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow.. that sounds like it was a beautiful moment to witness.. that sounds truly amazing to find love like that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I am crying right now. This is the sadest stories I've read in this blog.. honeslty when I accepted my fiances proposal I was happy and sad at the same time.. happy to know that I will grow old with this peroson and I've found my true love but sad because I knew that if anything happen to him idk if I could go on.. this women is so strong and I guess she's being strong because in her heart the memory of her husband will always be alive.. remembering all of the great adventures they once had..

    ReplyDelete