Sunday, May 22

Thursday AM

I have been meaning to post this since last week, but just kept forgetting.
I think the tuesday/thursday AM class has such great discussions. I think each and every person has the most amazing stories and perspectives on the world. Everyone says something I completely respect, even if I don't completely agree, I totally understand what they are saying. I'm so glad we're all so open and can say anything to each other. It's a great balance of different personality types and respect that the circles are always such a positive experience for me.

Last week's discussion was particularly moving. Everyone said such touching things that I left the class feeling like I saw the world differently. I know I tend to get too emotional about things, but I think I prefer that to not being moved by the beautiful and heart-breaking things people were revealing. I want to thank my classmates for being fantastic, thoughtful, caring and respectful people. You have all helped to remind me how tragic the world can be, but that love and hope can overcome it. I know I couldn't find this kind of group of people at a "Better" more expensive school, so thank goodness for CSULA bringing us together.

4 comments:

  1. Agreed! It has to be the most ethnically diverse University in So-Cal. IT HAS to be. Hope some sociologist did a study on it.. if not, dissertation~~~ here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the class discussions are like group therapy and it's a good eye opener to see that a lot of people have their own issues and life is tough. it makes me feel more at ease with my own life which compared to others, it is nowhere near as tough as theirs.

    yea i agree that csula is super diverse, but to be honest i don't like it. the only good thing there for me would have to be the quarter system, in and out! my last school csudh was so much more mellow=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree more. It's amazing how similar we all are. When we take time to get to know each othr, we can really learn a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The great thing about opening up and sharing with in the circle is that realize just how others have gone or are going through similar experiences you have. Even in times where you think no one else can understand how you're feeling, it is always important to remember that others have gone through the same thing and when we open up they can help guide us to brighter days.

    ReplyDelete