Monday, May 16

"If you don't come in first place, then you're in last place."

I am very passionate about sports, especially my hometown teams. When an athlete makes six figures TO PLAY A SPORT, I am sorry but no broken/depression is gonna get me down. I know I am little late about this but now I know how it feels to be a Yankee fan and the ownership invests so much money into the team and they do not win. Everyone not named Kobe or Lamar needs to go!! Get a bag of basketballs if you have to for a player. I am aware you cannot teach experience but today's league is too young and athletic. The Lakers NEED to get Dwight and possibly and PG.

Now onto my other team..... the dreadful Dodgers. EVERYONE IS EXPENDABLE!! Ok maybe not Kershaw, Kemp or Ethier but anyone else can go. The team STILL does not hit for power, bullpen is sketchy at times and the rotation is inconsistent. Package Loney and/or Boxton for Prince Fielder OR if they want to get risky and send a message to their fans, go out for a David Wright of the Mets. The Mets are broke and need to dump salaries. I am just tired of seeing a terrible product out on the field. LA is the second largest market in this country and they cannot put out a good product?! The damn Angels have a better team (on paper).

Sorry if I bored anyone but I just needed to get this off of my chest!! I am going to start self medicating if my teams do not make changes and win! It's the "what have you done for me lately" approach. You do not produce, someone can fill in your spot and do what you cannot.

5 comments:

  1. With the pending divorce of the McCourts, the Dodgers will not make any moves that will get them any closer to winning a championship. The Yankee's along with other premier teams have proven that in order to win you have to spend money on top athletes. I agree the entire Dodger roster is expendable but those 3. Untilk the Dodgers are sold , I do not forsee any championships coming our way any time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't win them all. The problem with Lakers was their attitude. It seemed as though they did not think they would lose. They were acting as though they would come back and win the series after being down 0-3. You are right, the Lakers need a big man and a point guard. A center that is not afraid to pound inside and a young point guard. They should rebound next season, but not without getting younger. and more physical.

    I love the Dodgers. It would be great to get Fielder, but lets face it, he is too expensive for the Dodgers. Remember, when they traded for Manny Ramirez, the Red Sox paid for most of his salary; I think the Dodgers still owe him money. Kemp or Ethier are gone as free agents; they can't keep both. As long as the McCourts, Frank or Jaime, are running the team; what you see is what you get. Frank McCourt recently stated in the LA Times that the roster would be the same, even if the team were more financially stable. Lets hope MLB takes them away for the McCourts. It is their fault that the Dodgers are in this mess to begin with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good venting. sports and teams are fun and give fans a feeling of belonging - as well as, now in LA, a feeling of frustration. I guess we Laker's fans have a lesson. We can sit here and say it was 'attitude' and that they thought they could not lose - but, gosh, we thought so too. Time to pass the baton to another city so all its citizens can feel good. and then we can watch a new team grow here. Is Kobe going to coach?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being a team/fan from LA, you should never feel like you should pass the baton. This meltdown reminds me of the Laker team of 04 when the starting lineup had 4 hall of famers. I don't understand why players feel they can "turn it off and on". They are lying to themselves.
    As far as Kobe coaching..... Some of the best players are some of the worst coaches. Name one HOF player that is a really good coach? It's unfortunate but they need to make changes and compete for another ring while Kobe's window is still open.
    To make matters worse, Jim Buss, son of Dr. Buss, doesn't know when to admit that his plan didn't workout. He was quoted saying that Bynum is "untouchable". HA!!! Jim WILL BE the downfall of the Lakers if he doesn't get his head out of his butt and trade Bynum away while he still can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dodgers.... Dodgers.... Dodgers!!! I feel like my high school sweetheart just broke my heart. I understand that you can't win them all but at least try to win most of them. I don't what the players say but how can the selling of the team not affect them. The rotation is pitching like garbage, with the exception of Clay and Bills, and the rotation is on the DL. They need to look at the rest of the West and see if they can actually match up. The Rockies lost De la Rosa for the season and the Giants might have lost Posey for the season as well. At this point for the Dodgers, let the kids play! At least they can blame it on their age and inexperience as supposed to just playing like shit!
    I know Fielder can be expensive but if it's a rental then I wouldn't mind it. We as fans can a least enjoy the ride into a long and painful season. Lord please let me be wrong!

    ReplyDelete