Wednesday, February 22

See U @ the TOP!

It is 0100 and i cannot sleep *ZZZ*. I have been sick lately but I don't think that is it. I think that I am scared to death about graduating this June. Why? because i am no longer looked at as a child under the rule of others. But as a woman who has to take her place in the real world.  I have to be successful for my family and strong too. I didn't ask to be put in this driver seat; society made me! just like a child pressure by her teenage friends society has pressured me to stand up and be a womYn. OUCH. that is a lot of pressure for one person to handle. but I know I can handle it.  I pray every morning and night for the courage to laugh failure right in the face and cry on its shoulder when i am down. but to never back down. EVER! I hope that success will hold on tight to me and not let go because i sure won't.  AND I vow never to take advice from someone more screwed up than me! SEE U @ THE TOP!

6 comments:

  1. Qu33n: bold admission. congratulations on your forthrightness. I always remember years ago when I was headed to move to New York from SF. I said to my friend Mark who could see how nervous and scared I was. I said, "I don't know what I'll do when I get to New York." Mark calmly said, "Of course you don't; you're not there yet."
    How wise.
    One foot in front of the other.
    One day at a time.
    Accomplish tasks one by one.
    It's all you can do.

    Read "The Four Agreements" by Ruiz: very helpful.

    PS: I'm surprised that more people didn't comment on your colorful post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time out to read my post! It reassured me 2 continue to fight!

      Delete
  2. I find your openness and expressions of fear very courageous and inspiring. I think more people should realize the pressures of society aren't as overbearing as we invision them to be. As professor said, put "one foot in front of the other and take one day at a time." We as individuals put pressure on ourselves when we feel the need to conventionally attain the goals of our community instead of following what your heart is passionate about. With that said, I WILL SEE YOU AT THE TOP by our own terms and time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes friend in our own time! Thank you for listening!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the inspirational feed back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. time heals all too. if we just wait two days, we will feel different - either better or worse.

    ReplyDelete