Monday, February 13

Cloud of Judgement

Last night I went to Hollywood for a party at the W Hotel and entered a different sphere out of people I wouldn't normally socialize with. I walked into a cloud of judgement. I felt eyes looking at me, especially from the women. I had no idea of what to say or even do. People will judge; it's only natural for us and as "Sociologists" we have to let go of the idea of judging people and simply be. Also, I need to work on my social skills, it was hard for me to talk to anyone. Any thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. one easy way to start to talk with ppl is simple: compliment them! "Oh, I love that ... whatever ... necklace, shirt, haircut, smile, glasses." You'd be surprised how far that can take you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks and so true! I love learning new facts on how to interact with others. I must try this the next time I go out to Hollywood, which is tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete