Wednesday, February 29

today's class

Was by far one of the best experiences I've ever had an any class. I know for a fact that I will always remember and cherish this class and especially this day. I've never been one to talk much in class because I feel that pressure of when I open my mouth I have to me absolutely 100% correct. I don't know if it's just something subconscious or if it's the fact that I don't want to ask or say something stupid in front of my class mates/ teacher. Anyways, point being was that in today's open discussion I didn't feel that burden I always felt like I had the ability to say anything without being judged, maybe that's why I felt that I spoke so much.

I don't know if any of you noticed that while other people were talking I was doodling on my notebook. I've always seemed to listen better as I doodle and also because seeing how emotional people were getting, which i'm so happy they felt at liberty to do so, I felt i couldn't look at them. Not for any bad reasons but because I know myself and when I see someone getting emotional I immediately start to channel their feelings and i'd start to cry myself. I might be a little too empathetic sometimes.

long story short, the discussion was great because it made me feel like i'm not the only one with these hidden struggles. I've always known that other people go through things but it's one thing to know and another thing to see/ hear them first hand. I'm so glad we had the ability to do this in class, i think more teachers should definitively do activities like these more!


1 comment:

  1. I agree!I felt comfortable enough to let my thoughts out to everyone freely. I will like to do this with family, and even friends its a good exercise.

    I enjoyed everyones feedback and personal thoughts.





    -Leslie

    ReplyDelete