Sunday, February 26

What do you think?

I am one of those persons that is constantly checking my phone, or texting. It has became a distraction

to be texting anf checking my facebook (fb) frequently. I want to change this, and deactivate my fb, and set

my phone on silent for a few days and see the outcome of it. This was my idea for our third paper... but I'm

not so sure if I will keep up with this. I've never done this, so it will be fun to see the difference.


It's not so much the fb, but the texting. I want to have social interactions in person, and I want to be less dependent on technology. Life was good when we will go out to dinner with my family, and there were no interruptions, or when I received an actual call on my birthday instead of a text, or a post on fb.

So... what do you all think?

7 comments:

  1. with each incoming texts, u should reply back "call me when u have the time" or "lets talk over some coffee" and for facebook, sign off and leave it off, 80 percent of people on there are not that important anyway(not to say your friends are of unimportant) but how many of them would be there at your funeral?(again not to say youre going to die soon, im just putting it in perspective haha) and FB is full of irrelevant posts. focus on living your life and have people physically around u who cares will make any goals u make enjoyable to reach

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think it's a great idea: I suggest going off the grid for a week. I'd be willing to join that one. We might have to go on for 15 min once a day - otherwise: COLD TURKEY

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea, it's going to be a big challenge for me since I'm the same way as you. But I think I would prefer a phone call once a day from my boyfriend or friend than just texting. I would be willing to do it as an assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm changing it (for me) to 10 days. I am preparing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great idea. I think we would all be AMAZED at how much time we waste. I think whoever does it just has to let the main people in our lives know that we are only available at such and such time daily. They could leave messages. It is more difficult if you have small children who need you or work where you use your cell phone or email for contact.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have already alerted my fellow humans and have about 10 steps to prepare for this magnificence. Of course you have to use phone for emergency - but emergency can be redefined to mean EMERGENCY (e.g., rather than hey, I want a Big Mac, not a Whopper - or some such 'emergency').

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Thanks for your feedback.
    Now lets begin this journey!
    I will start on Friday simply because my daughter goes to daycare while I am in class, and if they call me I need to answer, and it will be hard to ignore the incoming texts. I do not want to cheat, because that will only mean that I am cheating myself. Please posts your personal experiences. I will be delighted to hear them :)

    MT I am glad your in this too!


    Best,
    LESLIE <3

    ReplyDelete