Tuesday, February 14

PROMISCUITY - The Word

I was listening to KPCC (NPR) yesterday and heard a show about a mammal that is really into sex.  They do it for pleasure, to make up after a fight (relives the anxiety), and out of boredom.  They don't play favorites, males do males and females do females. I wish I could find it on their website but I just can't - forgot the biologist's name (female out of USC or UCLA I think) and I can't find the animal's name either.  But, the point of this is - - the interviewer said something like - so do we perceive them to be very promiscuous or just like free loving hippies or what?  And the researcher said - Darwin feminists don't like the word "Promiscuous" because all it means is someone else is having more sex that they (the person or society making the judgment) thinks they should have.  I just thought that was interesting and funny and true.  Wanted to mention it on Valentines Day. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment