Monday, February 13

Valentine's Day from a different perspective

Well, Valentine's day is not one of my favorite holidays. Prior to my recent relationship, past Valentine's days I would either break up with a boyfriend before the holiday or the idiot would "forget". In my recent relationship, the past two Valentine's Days were a hit and miss-the first one we were fighting and not talking (my fault but that is what works out the kinks), the second he was at Yale on an internship program and I was in the middle of midterms and could not leave. This year, we are going to the Kings game Thursday, but it is what we do-low profile things and just enjoy each others company. To be honest, like I said, I am not big on Valentines Day stuff. One, I am allergic to chocolate. Two, I hate the commercials because they are cheesy and we ladies know that guys do not always show up with a Zales bracelet at dinner. Lol. Sorry, those types of commercials make me laugh. Plus, have you seen the price of diamonds these days? Sheesh! Also, guys as well as ladies should not go overboard one day of the year-they should do it at all times of the year aside from anniversaries. I can honestly tell you I get more happiness of a random video or song sample sent to me via email or a night of just hanging out and talking rather than one night of corniness, which my boyfriend does not do, and I am glad he doesn't. This is not to insult any romantics out there, but I guess I am just one of those people who should be shown appreciation all the time as to one holiday of the year. I tell this to my brothers all the time-don't make a fuss out of Valentine's Day. Make the girl feel special all the time, so when Valentine's Day does come around, you just make her feel more special because not only did you remember it (c'mon guys, we all know you sometimes forget), but you went a step further than you normally do.

No comments:

Post a Comment