Monday, February 13

Valentine's Day

Personally, I find Valentine's Day overrated. I don't think we need a certain day to appreciate our loved one. I been with my boyfriend for about 3 years now and I can honestly say everyday is my valentine's day. I appreciate everything he does for me and I'm sure he feels the same way. In other words, my ideal valentine's day is treating it as if it was any other day. All I want from him is simply acknowledge me and appreciate all the things I do for him. I'm not going to lie, gifts do put a smile on my face and it's nice to show off to your girlfriends but by the end of the day gifts don't matter. Everyone just wants to feel loved and i do (=

2 comments:

  1. show me the girl - or guy - who won't smile with a 99 cent bag of candy hearts, a 29 cent card like from grade school, a single long stemmed rose and something made special that night - maybe candles, maybe a foot massage, maybe dressing up in something you know the other likes. You need not fall for the SPEND MONEY part of it or reject the whole thing because commercial establishments want you to spend money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valentines Day is fun, but it reminds me of Christmas. Just another holiday used to put more money into the economy through spending. Mass media and all that jazz. I just saw a late night commercial yesterday, something about "Guys, bigger is always better. Why not give your special someone what she really wants? A GIANT TEDDY BEAR!"

    Alright Mr. Commercial Dude, I will listen to your advice and send 5 easy payments of 19.99 to get that giant teddy bear.

    ReplyDelete