Saturday, February 25

Under the Tuscan Sun

So the plumbers and the licensed contractors finished all their work today and i felt like Diane Lane in the movie Under the Tuscan Sun. Where she is starting her brand new life and in order to do so she bought this fixer-upper house and hires contractors. Well, during all those renovations and the long hours spent with the workers they become friends and she cooks for them, they talk and hang out until they finish the work and have move onto the next job. the last day of construction its quiet somber and they all say their goodbyes and part ways. well, today that was me and very saddened to see them go. what i thought was going to be a horrible experience turned out to be a pleasant wonderful experience.
miss you Juan, Humberto and Javier. Thank you for not only fixing my house but in a sense giving me my life back. I learned to laugh again and enjoy someone else's company in this lonely house

1 comment:

  1. that's great - and so true. I call Carlos my handyman and my spiritual advisor. You'll see them again. Congratulations on getting this project done.

    ReplyDelete