Tuesday, January 17

A Shitty Day

God, it was a shitty day. I went out to my car this morning-- only to discover that I  had acquired (over night) a $68 parking ticket and a dead battery. That set the mood for the rest of the day, and it only got worse. After charging the battery--thanks to an obliging neighbor-- I set out for Griffith Park for my morning hike. Though I was VERY low on gas, I didn't want to stop for fear that the battery was not yet fully charged. And, so...I decided to chance it. Yeah, I made it, but my victory was short-lived. As soon as I walked down the mountain (towards the parking lot), something told me that I'd pushed my luck, and boy was I right! The battery was STILL dead! The only word that I could possibly utter was, "fuck." My  car  was parked on a slope--thank Christ-- so I was  able to pop the clutch. Since my boyfriend lives down the road, I thought it would be a good idea for him to check out the car. Though he knows nothing--and I do mean nothing-- about automobiles , I assured myself that he would be able to help. Well, for some odd reason, he didn't have a clue how to fix it. Shocker, huh. He suggested I check the oil! Umm...yeah,  you're a big help there, big guy. Naturally, at this point, I have NO gas in my car; it's beyond empty, and of course, my battery won't charge. My boyfriend had to push my car down his flat/leveled street so that (once again) I could pop the freaking clutch. As the car shot forward--as it often does when you trick it into starting-- I realized that there was no way in hell I would ever make it home on a dry gas tank, so I headed for the first gas station.  It just so happens that the closest location is one that I know well. In fact, my car has broken down there so many times, they half expect it from me. They weren't surprised when I explained to them that not only did I need a pack of cigarettes before I killed someone, bit I also needed to pump my gas with the motor running! They were so nice; their only request was that I move my car to the far pump, so if my car exploded, others wouldn't be harmed! I swear, I couldn't make this shit up if I spent all day trying. I finally made it home. I pulled my car into the driveway, and let it run for an hour. The battery seems to be doing alright at the moment, but I guess the moment of truth will come tomorrow morning when I'm runnung late for class. Now, however, I can't figure out how to reply to MT's blog about our first-day-writing experience. If anyone reads this long blog and feels so inclined to help me out (or possibly giving me a ride to school in the morning), please feel free to contact me here.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your shitty day. I didn't get the chance to read the whole thing but I hope your feeling better now.
    Here is the link to MT's blog about our first day writing experience-
    http://writingsoc.blogspot.com/2012/01/effect-of-class.html
    Just stroll down to the bottom and there should be a open box where u can type. I hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you had a horrible day. I hate those days because the second something goes wrong you know the whole day is going to be bad. Or maybe that's just me. Well, it used to be me until I read the book "The Secret", which is amazing. It talked about how if you wake up and something goes wrong try to think more positive and shift your emotions to something happier and by doing that your day will be better. It sounds crazy, but it actually works. I hope everything works out in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me that I need to go out and drive my daughter's car around the block since she is at college in Arizona and when I let it sit too long the battery dies. Okay out for a short drive! Hope today is better!!

    ReplyDelete