Wednesday, January 18

Premise on Life

The one that came to me in class today is, "In spite of everything, life is good."  I thought these were the final words from The Diary of Anne Frank but I can't confirm that. Maybe I will go to a bookstore this weekend and look it up.  Doesn't matter anyway.  That saying has been one of my favorites for a long, long time.

Another one I like is about living a minimalist life:  "After all, everything is only borrowed."  Meaning just that. Every thing we own, every relationship we are in now or have experienced, every day we live or adventure we have (negative or positive) is only borrowed.  The more we try to hang on, the more frustrated and emotionally unstable we may become.  Running after stuff, trying too hard ....... such a drain.  Balance is key.

3 comments:

  1. I had chosen education is the way of life... Dr. Tabor corrected me and told me to say that education is life. It is shorter and sounds better. Might use that one or might change it later will see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jabeaux54, I think you meant "In spite of everything, I still believe that people are good in heart". That's the most famous line from the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Patty - I am sure you are correct! That sounds right. I am going to keep with my line as my premise ...... it makes more sense FOR ME .... but, yes, the line you wrote sounds totally like Anne Frank.

    ReplyDelete