Tuesday, January 24

Academy Award Nominations

Since I am always up by 5:30 am I have decided to treat myself, turn on the TV, and watch the Academy Award nominations live!  (Do you like that sentence with well placed commas? LOL) One thing that always cracks me up, on this one day of the year, is how the newspeople will talk to the nominees throughout the day.  Especially the actors on the west coast (after all it IS early) who will not admit they were up and glued to the TV.  It goes like this - "So how did you find out your were nominated?" And the actor replies, "Oh, my agent called me," or, "My Mom called to let me know."  Really?  You really were not glued to the TV with the phone right by your bed?  You really had no idea you were even in contention?  They want to come across as so casual and so shocked.  Seriously, keep this in mind this week if you hear any of these conversations. Okay, here we go ........

7 comments:

  1. typo - should have said "How did you find out ....."

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can edit. when you are logged in you ought to see a little pencil beneath each of YOUR OWN posts. click it. edit. you can also go to your "dashboard" and see the list of edits and you can edit your own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay thanks. I knew there was a way but I couldn't figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so true. Of course they are going to be up at 5:30 a.m listening if their names come up. So silly huh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leonardo Dicaprio is a good actor why didn't he win.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, he was great in J. Edgar. He was nominated for a Golden Globe but not an Oscar. You just never know.

    I was kinda shocked that Extremely Loud Incredibly Close was nominated - it is not getting very good reviews on Rotten Tomatoes. I have to see The Artist - maybe this weekend. Just put Tree of Life in my Netflix queue. I can't see War Horse - I just can't. And I saw the Swedish version of Girl with the Dragon Tattoo so I am not going to sit through that again. Brutal is difficult for me even if they do a great job .... the subject matter is just too gruesome. Saw all the rest nominated for best picture. We shall see. Always enjoy the Academy Awards.

    ReplyDelete