Tuesday, January 17

Ramblings on the Effects of the Class

I started the journal.  I had done this before - learned about it in homeopathy school from one of my teachers who also came from a drama background.  My son graduated from Muhlenberg College (PA) with his B.A. in Theater Arts and, when I run across wonderful people who come from a drama background,  I always point out to him what a great start it is for so many careers.  He is a dog trainer at an upscale dog hotel in Boston (act your way through the shit you don't know!!) and involved in a theater company in Boston. He is married with a new baby (my first granddaughter Sage Mary), and getting his teaching credential so he can teach History to Middle School students.  Another great use for a Theater Arts degree!!! Anyway, I digress which is typical.

As far as my journal writing, now I have to get 21 days IN A ROW.  It is by my bed but sometimes I forget.  The nice thing about doing morning pages is that it helps me remember my dreams.  That is the first thing I write about.  Thank goodness we aren't supposed to go back and re-read these.  I can barely read my own handwriting.  But, getting it on paper is a great practice and expands my mind.

Also, I had to write a short paper for SOC 412. (So stupid - it isn't even a part of our grade - she just wants to see our writing!!)  I wrote it and then used my editing skills to create concise sentences.  Something I am, obviously, not doing here.

This class has been most helpful and entertaining and it has only been a week.  I am expecting miracles.  Have a nice day.

5 comments:

  1. lol you have Gabriela Fried Amilivia for Soc 412 uh? I had her last quarter, that paper (and some others) are a little silly if you ask me. Her class is fairly easy though, so just do it and you'll like your ending grade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes, yes. Thanks Monica. I LOVE my Statistics class (Mohamed) and I LOVE SOC 301 but this 412 ..... OMG ..... I am reading Lemert (he's fine) and now Marx and someone else and we are supposed to have a quiz tomorrow? Like I just started this class! I don't know about these guys. I think it will be okay in the long run. I have just tried to write down a few notes to make some sense of these readings. Okay, okay ..... I will be okay. Thanks! Gayle

      Delete
    2. i took soc 412 with fried a year ago. She is easy, she's nice though. Just do all your work and you should be fine.

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed this. I didn't feel like you were rambling at all...lol

    ReplyDelete