Tuesday, January 31

packet for paper 1

Cover sheet:the grading rubric w your name writ large, paperclipped to:
2.5 page max - double space - no title page - no citations required.
stapled at back one short piece of paper with the list of particulars.
   1. Premise
   2. My goal for the next 9 months is to ______________
   3. Obstacles to my goal are (list 3) _________________
   4. Operationalization: _______________
   5. Step(s) I have taken are ___________________
This "list of particulars" is just to keep you on track, to make it crystal clear to me, and to allow you to handle these particulars more freely in your paper.
MAXIMUM NUMBER of pieces of paper:  5   1 + 3 + 1
MINIMUM number of paragraphs:  3
OPTIMAL number of paragraphs:  5 or 7
Finally, you may use a popular "character" if you do not wish to use yourself to paint this sociological portrait.

9 comments:

  1. For the paper is it just the premise and the self or are we supposed to do the networks as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. could be premise goal and self
    or COULD add network
    the nature of or the changes in your network may define or re-define the self, so you would naturally bring it in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rubric sheet, do I need to print it out somewhere or can I get a copy in class (since I was not there Monday)? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'll hand out the sheets for those who were absent on Monday

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is going to be one of the more interesting papers I am going to write.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm confused MT, I thought we didn't have to attach a cover sheet for paper 1

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is still very confusing!!! I just want to write a paper like I'm used too! Why make it more difficult or confusing?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. it is not a title page. Just put your name and title on the top line of page one of your paper.

    what you are calling a "cover page" is just your Rubric Page - I'll hand you one if you did not get handed one already.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LA Packers: are you in night class? we can make this very clear before you go.
    if you were in day class, this should already be clear - if you were present.

    ReplyDelete