Tuesday, January 31

Oh, Writing Class, Writing Class!

I just did the last edit for today.  I am done.  Until tomorrow when I do a quick read through and print it! Putting the premise etc. on a separate page really helped.  However, I had to revise my paper because of that.  But, that's okay.  It does sound better, I must admit.  (Make sure to read your paper out loud to yourself ..... the process helps find mistakes!!) 

I was just laughing to myself about WRITING CLASS!  You start out the quarter/semester and think......... this is cool because there are no huge textbooks to read.  Oh, three papers and a few little assignments, I can do that.  Then the writing starts, right?  You write and proofread and edit and write again.  Anyone who believes writers just sit down and their fingers fly and the words come out ....... so not true.  It is a lot of work to get it even half way right.  

Okay, one of three finished.  YAY!!  Happy Tuesday everyone. 

5 comments:

  1. Blogger: that is so true to read the paper aloud to yourself. Great advice.
    I like to have my Kindle read mine to me too. This is part of why I wrote the little booklet K...indle on K...indle - to show ppl how Kindle can read to them (many do not know this!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. does anybody know what font we have to use for our paper???

    ReplyDelete
  3. do we need a title for our paper?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, a title. Remember MT said title should come from the first sentence and the last preferable. She mentioned a few types but I use Times or Times Roman ..... something like that ..... always use it for papers and it is always okay. It is one she mentioned is okay to use. 12 point. 1.25 margins all around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MT - I didn't know Kindle could read to you! I only have the free Kindle app on my MacBook .... don't know if it works the same.

    ReplyDelete