Tuesday, January 24

LA Riots

To be quite frank I vaguely remember the LA riots. I was only 4 or 5 years old. What I can remember I'm not sure if it's from what I learned in school or if in the back of my mind I somewhat remember. I googled LA riots and read the overall summary of what happened that day in 1992. Although, I feel the way he was treated was not justified I feel that police officers sometimes do not get a fair trial either. Every day they deal with the city's "dark" side, they do not know what can happen. They have a family to go to as well. Yesterday I was sent a video that showed a man getting killed by a police officer. The suspect had a sledge hammer and was presumably on some type of drug breaking into peoples cars and threatening he who stepped his way. The officer shot him 11 times and killed him when the suspect raised the sledge hammer at another officer. Coming from the victims family I can see how unjust that would look but from an outside perspective it was either the police officer or the suspect.

No comments:

Post a Comment