Wednesday, March 14

It's interesting. Our networks that is, and how they reflect our truth.

A few excerpts from my Paper 2 essay:

"When I first discovered the socio political system which Africans, diasporic and continental, are afforded is one which deems our attributes to be undesirable, the way I looked at the world and its inhabitants shifted. As a result, those who I surrounded myself with shifted. I sought to be around those who could in some way contribute to my growth, contribute to my understanding. Ha! But that was some time ago. I laugh because it's humorous to me, to look back on how I use to feel, what I use to value and how angry I was when the truth discovered me and when I accepted her."

"To exclude the socio economic aspect of the concept of alienation and apply it to my social networks, I acknowledge in my life what seems to naturally go together. I refuse, most of the time, to entertain that which does not contribute to a harmonic structure."

No comments:

Post a Comment