Wednesday, March 14

THIS CLASS

Hi! I know I am a little late, but I have had the craziest last two months! I am actually in the best of moods today! Maybe because it's the last official day of class and break is coming soon, who knows! 


I did enjoy the class. Very many classmates had a lot of interesting things to say that were inspiring and note-worthy. Tabor was a very interesting character as well and I must admit, i enjoyed her presence and her encouraging smile. Discussions were sometimes random but I always found some sociology in them. 


Confused- Yes, I was at times. Yes, I was present in class, so that has nothing to do with it. I feel that there was no solid instructions. Rules were always changed and questions were left unanswered. Then when we asked on the blog, sometimes, not all the time, instead of answers, accusations were said. That wasn't very inspiring. 


Morning Pages: Possibly my favorite part of the class because we had a chance to write freely! It was a useful tool for me to let out emotions that I hid and to help build them up into words to tell. Sometimes I would write letters and thoughts that were directed towards my father. Before my fathers death, he wrote in journals, notebooks, and whatever paper he could find. He wrote mostly biblical works, quotes, and thoughts. In a way I believe he knew his time was coming so he wanted to get closer to God and to also leave something behind for his children. He wanted us to prepare for his absence. So in a way I took on his writing ways to connect with him. These morning pages helped me cope and I was very thankful for this assignment. Thank you!


Blog: I do like the idea and enjoyed reading many posts. I do wish I had spent more time on it. I found a lot of similar feelings and postings that I could of joined, and do plan on joining in on. Very stimulating and inspiring.


Pea Activity- Wasn't a great fan! Found it a little intrusive and forceful. First, Tabor said no  one HAD to speak, then it turned into EVERYONE had to speak, so I didn't quite enjoy that very much. I don't mind speaking in public at all but it was not the time for me personally. I am the girl who started balling over her father's death. I just feel that it was intrusive because the whole session, feelings were brought out and emotions were building up like crazy and it forced me to think of something I think of all day and everyday. I didn't need people to see that side of me. I don't like pity. It wasn't healthy at all for me. That week ESPECIALLY was not a good week for me. The last thing I wanted to do was talk about anything negative or tear-jerking. I had cried enough. I wanted positivity and it was no where to be found that week. So i feel like, if you do decide to continue with this exercise in later courses, you could at least warn the class, not force the class, or change the energy by promoting and speaking of good.


EOS: At the beginning I was a fan because I know my writing skills are not perfect and I needed assistance. I was a little discouraged when we stopped focusing on EOS because I felt that it was vital. Reading it over myself was a little difficult, so i felt if were to talk about it more in class or do pracatices during class, since this is a writing class, I could have improved and understood a lot more about writing.

Overall: I did enjoy coming to class. I learned a lot about others and it definitely forced me to be more independent as far as figuring things out on my own. I liked that we were able to write about random things and express our thoughts on the blog. Thank you Tabor =)

5 comments:

  1. Jazmin, you wrote this very well. I agree about EOS - I would have liked more instruction on the EOS and not terribly happy we have one more thing to do before Monday. But, I will get it done. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very sorry that I did not make it clear to you that no one had to speak. The very first rule of holding council which I reported was that you did not have to speak - just to hold the ball for a few seconds and then pass it along. apparently I did not mke that clear enough, however. The exercise is about listening, not necessarily talking. I tried to make that clear. I regret very much that it was interpreted as "forcing." I can do a better job next time so as to try to insure that no participant would interpret it that way.
    I do not know what rules I changed except that I did relax some rules, extended the due dates, and dropped one assignment. that may have been confusing. I did have plans each day, and it is not pleasant to hear my style described as random, but if it seemed random, well ... so it seemed, and I always know tht I can attempt more courage from myself and more focus. Thank you for reminding me.
    I do not recall that "accusations were said" on the blog. A couple of time I asked people to read what had been posted, and the way tht I said that might have seemed like an accusation.
    I may have reported early in the quarter that a new favorite quote is from G.B. Shaw. He said, "The problem with communication is that sometimes you think you had some."
    Thank you for your feedback. If ever I teach again I will benefit from your feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i completely agree that I should have spent more time with grammar. I did not show courage in that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing that Jazmin. I think all of us in a way felt the same way at times.

    ReplyDelete