Tuesday, March 13

Believe in yourself...

Quite possibly one of my favorite ads from my childhood.

I didn't really understand it much when I was little, but looking at it now, I recognize the message more and more. We analyze who we are and what our desires may be in our lives. As children, we look to the future and dream of endless possibilities. As we grow older however, those dreams start to die and we become afraid of what possible outcomes may come to fruition. This video reminds me of a time when I felt like I can do whatever I wanted, being able to dream big. There is even has a hint of existentialism; What are we here for? Where will we be? These are the questions that we don't often ask ourselves, but one thing is for certain, we must look into the future and face our fears. We don't know what the future will hold for us, and I for one look at this video as an inspirational message to keep pushing forward. I like to think that it is OK to fail, just as long as you believe in yourself. Don't fear failure.

Hope you can pardon the strange update, been contemplating an awful lot lately.

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Joshua!
    Set goals, check in with yourself about your true feelings and likelihood of meeting them, then set the operations and watch for the change to re-invigorate the goals! That's all there is.

    ReplyDelete