Wednesday, March 14

SOC 301

Since I participated in "off the grid" week, I haven't blogged here as much as I did earlier in the quarter. But I wanted to stop back in and say how much I have enjoyed this blog, our day class, and meeting everyone.  It has been a privilege to be a part of MTs (perhaps) last quarter at CSULA - thank you for everything you have shared and taught us. Even though some of us have been a bit "confused" at times, don't take that to heart because I think we all have to go to a place of confusion sometimes in order to learn.  If it was all so simple then we wouldn't need professors!  I have been confused in SOC 412 too but now, as it comes to a end, I look back and realize how MUCH I have learned and that is partly because of you.  I have some idea who Marx, Weber, Durkheim, Du Bois, Gilman and Cooper are and their core ideas. Honestly, our 301 class turned out to be so different from what I thought it would be when we first started - much better than what I originally thought.  Good luck to EVERYONE as you continue your Sociology, Psychology, Social Work and other studies. Stay true to yourselves, be creative, realize that change is inevitable, and being able to adapt to change is what keeps you healthy.

2 comments:

  1. Well said. This year started off rocky for me but as the quarter went long I realized that I have to keep moving forward whether I was confused at times or not. Good luck to you as well!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice
    I always learn from the classes
    I will teach again - and better, for I have learned from you - many of you!
    carry on!

    ReplyDelete