Wednesday, March 14

Because I am an artist ... I will share a piece of my art.

I met this sista the otha day & she was headed to class
she said she'd been really distressed about the flow of her cash
& so she's dancing at the spot and while she's shakin her a**
she's thinkin bout the possibilities;
responsibilities are sitting on her shoulders -- feelin heavy
pressure like the weight of the world; she does a spin and a twirl -- on that pole
her goal is to stack those dollar bills to by her little brother meals -- nobody knowin how she feels
and it kills her -- that cover girl conceals her -- black eye
the one that her boyfriend left on her face when he went to the place that she works
and he says it hurts him -- and she will not desert him -- no, she won't
haunted by confusion -- the illusion, that nobody else will want her -- damaged goods, misunderstood
she settles; for that little boy she calls her man -- and never started with her 4-yr plan.

I wrote this piece to Mos Def's "Sunshine" instrumental produced by Kanye West. Wrote it a longgg time ago but was flippen through my old pieces and thought I share this one. It's actually quite different from the majority of my work... in regards to context.

3 comments: