Monday, March 19

Change

There was a pattern of infidelity in my previous relationship, and I turned into a complete different person because of it. I was always miserable, my personality changed suddenly, and I felt unhappy. I had allowed a guy to be in control of my life and my happiness for almost 5 years! It was awful and unhealthy. But I put a stop to it and decided to end that relationship. I kept giving in to second, and even third chances... thinking that we can overcome the past and become closer, but it was the same routine over and over again. I am better now, happier, and  free! There are times that I look back at all the good times we had, but recognize that underneath it....there was a shadow of lies and betrayal. Things are not always what they appear to be... Thanks to Snodgrass I realized that he was not betraying me or lying to me, he was betraying himself! I have learned to gain insight, and I learned to love myself more. I no longer let things get in the way of my happiness as before :)


<3

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leslie,

    I was reading your blog; I first want to congradulate you for taking that step, it is probably the hardest one. As you mentioned things will get better and better, and you might have your tough days so here are things that are very helpful to watch and read. Trust me on this. You are not alone and knowing that can help you get through everything else good luck!

    Visit this website:

    http://www.baggagereclaim.co.uk/after-the-breakup-hold-tight-to-your-self-respect-and-stop-trying-to-be-friends-with-the-ex-that-mistreated-you/

    and watch this video (I posted some time ago, its amazing!):
    http://www.ted.com/talks/matthieu_ricard_on_the_habits_of_happiness.html

    Hope you enjoy this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry i couldnt enable the links =/

    ReplyDelete