Monday, June 6

uRmissingthepoint

@MT earlier today you asked what my blogger name meant. I was having a lazy moment-I have those a lot- so I didn't want to explain. Here it goes. I am the oldest of five, I have three brothers and a younger sister. When we were younger, before my sister was born, unlike many girls I didn't like to play with dolls or other things girls played with. Though I was the oldest my brothers influenced a lot of the things I did. So we played video games, basketball, football "typical" boy things. One thing we loved to do on Thursday nights was watch the WWE (SmackDown). We were really young but we remember watching on tv great male and female wrestlers like Chyna and Hulk Hogan. As we got older we saw the WE introduce many new wrestlers among them was John Cena-back when he was in SmackDown, I believe he is currently on RAW but I'm not sure. Anyway, watching wrestling became our Thursday night ritual and John Cena was one of the good wrestlers and my brothers liked him a lot, aside from The Undertaker, me not so much. I actually grew fond of him when he released his song Right Now on the WWE Originals sound track. But the blogger name actually comes from his song Basic Thuganomics. On one of his lyrics he writes "like a broken needle, kid you missin' the point" and for some reason I feel that he refers to his lyrics on Right Now. In it he talks about spending quality time with loved ones and taking things easy. I feel that sometimes we don't do that enough and take our friends, family and significant others for granted, so missin' the point is like missin' moments that could be well spent with them. I also feel that it refers to the failure to see the simple things in life and enjoying the moments right now, but that's just my opinion. So yeah, the name came from the song lyric of a wrestler I didn't like much on those good ole' days.

Below is the video to Right Now, Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment