Wednesday, June 1

Trying to Remember!

It is so easy to get caught up in our world of separation and detachment (good /evil, pain /pleasure). We begin to forget that there is a world beyond our material entanglements, a world without separation, a transcendent world of infinite spiritual connection.

We can choose to live in a world of infinite divisions, multiple worlds with multiple realities, all self-righteously legitimate. Like the parable of the blind men and the elephant, who is right? Is anybody right?

There is an unseen world that we have forgotten and many of us are blind to. It is easy to be deceived by what we perceive as “reality.” I have a choice. Will I believe in inherent individuality and what seems like apparent separation? Will I immerse myself in social dramas and conflicts and see a world of difference and separation? Or will I see the essence that joins us all, the beauty of a tenderness that forgives everything and everyone, the essence that makes us all part of the same potential matter? Those things that bolster anger, outrage and conflict are ultimately an illusion, they fade as soon as we move to the next moment, as soon as we return to dust. You may want to enjoy the self-generated pains and pleasures of opposites or you may decide to forgive and love regardless of anything.

Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart."
- Anne Frank


2 comments:

  1. Anne Frank. What a story. Amazing to see how optimistic one can be inside a tiny attic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh loll I was almost about to write the same thing (TheLoudOne)...well u spoke my mind. :) Her story always touched me, and made me be more optimistic with what I have.

    ReplyDelete