Tuesday, February 17

life or death situation

one phone call, one letter, one email can change your life forever. then at that moment you realize to yourself how involve and uninvolved some people in your life is. i get a call that i might have cervical cancer and now i have to go in and get a whole bunch of test done to make sure. then i realize who i called and said this too and how many people want to be there to make sure things are going to be okay. those are people you need to keep in your life. the people that are going to be there when things get really hard, and almost unbelievable.

4 comments:

  1. .namese-z: I'll bet each of us who read your post was deeply touched and sent you healing energy too. the medical community knows how to handle these cases well these days. peace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same situation. After going to one doctor he referred me to another doctor in downtown and i had many tests done. Fortunately, I was only at level 1. Hope for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your medical situation turns out well. How lucky you are to have so many loving and caring people in your life. I will be sending good thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate to your confusion and pain. I received a similar call from my doctor. His receptionist informed me that I had breast cancer and further testing was needed. I felt devasted. How could the doctor and his staff be so insentive?

    I follow-up, made an appointment for further testing. Additionally, I had a private conversation with the doctor concering his procedures for notifying people when further testing was needed. He thought that his staff were sending out a letter. The letter arrived after the initial phone. The procedure has now been reverse. A letter arrives requesting that you contact his office. A diganose is not longer provide over the telephone.

    I am required to take a mammogram and ultra sound every four months. I also had to change my eating habits, such as no caffiene (no coke, no chocolate, etc.)

    Good luck and thanks for being strong and brave.

    ReplyDelete