Saturday, January 24

Glad for change, held by fear

Though I consider myself lucky in witnessing and being part of history being made with the new administration, I have to admit that there's a part of me grasping on to fear. While watching all the events that took place on 1/20 I had this feeling of uneasiness that I could not shake. I felt fear not for the change that is to come, but for the new Chief in command. I couldn't help but feel like there was going to be some kind of tragic act that would leave us in complete devastation after coming this far. I could barely sit through the few minutes that I watched President Obama walk in the parade, all the while thinking to myself "get back in the car" and then sighing with relief once he did. This is an extraordinary time in history, I hope it follows with an extraordinary ending too.

5 comments:

  1. let that fear go. do not cling to that thought. brush it off - like a bug, a mosquito.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the same fear, that something tragic would happen, but it was a day or two after he was elected. I can't explain why I felt that way but it greatly disturbed me. Perhaps it was because, like many people, I have such high hopes for his presidency, that it almost felt too good to be true. Fortunately I don't feel that dread anymore, but some remnants of the feeling still linger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When my fear kicks in I am able to let it go because I have to trust that a power greater than all of us has his back and everything is going to be o.k.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I FEEL THE SAME WAY IT IS SAD BUT I WAS EXPECTING FOR AN ATTEMPT TO TRY TO ASSASINATE OBAMA. THEY DIDINT EVEN USE FIREWORKS, THE LAST TIME THEY DIDN'T USE THEM WAS 28 YEARS AGO. I KNOW PEOPLE DO'T LIKE TO BE TAKEN OUR OF THEIR COMFORT ZONES.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I felt the same way a few days before the inaguration. I felt like an act of violence was looming over 1/20 and that tragedy could upset such a victorious day. I hoped for the best then and will continue to hold on to that today and in the future.

    ReplyDelete