Saturday, January 9

Note To Self

Life is beautiful. It is an opportunity for us to develop as people, explore the world, seek and experience adventures, and the best part is that knowledge is limitless and it is this fact that makes life impossible to be boring. Yes, life has its ups and downs, but there is too much beauty in the world for you to dwell on the downs. It's unfair to you. So yes, life may have some inevitable lows, and unfair sociological circumstances, but it is up to you to make the best out of what life has to offer and you can overcome negativity by embracing the positive.
Don't give importance to what society considers important such as materialistic things, but give importance to things that truly make you happy. Forget the latest trend of clothes or gadget, give significance to, and embrace friendships, family, earth, hobbies, activities, etc.
Life can be so fast-paced in Los Angeles, causing us to get upset over minor things, such as someone cutting us off while we are driving, or being in a line too long. It's important to remind ourselves that those are minor issues that don't require our day to be ruined.
This mind-set is not easy. It is a life process and journey to maintain such a mind-set. I stray away sometimes, because I am a flawed human being like everybody else, but I do my best to live by this. Hopefully this blog serves as a reminder for you.

3 comments:

  1. Life. It's not about today, and it's not about tomorrow. It's those moments when we dream and all of the above. Life, to me, is an anomaly. As beautiful as it may be, it's also about the ugly. Life, maybe there's a meaning, but, today, we dine in hell.
    Beauty. While it keeps us in a state of perpetuity, i'd say it's subsumed in the natural order of society. With modern society comes modern rivalries. A life, alone, is about the tragedy. Beauty stands because we want to see not of true reality. Satisfied with life? We find ourselves satisfied with AppleBees. Shitty overpriced food. Living the American life is sometimes a travesty.
    You know what I hate? people that live life with blinders trying to only see one side of reality. Call me a bonafide hater, but your writing reminds me of a douche bag in society. Harmlessly, posing your views as a rubric for regality.
    Now I hope you weren't offended by all this rabblry. I make up words to fit my rhyme scheme tragically because I like to stir up the pot so I can get some feedback asap. jk i talk in 1337 don't mind the the thoughts I've put inside of yee. Speaking Old English, you don't understand any part of me, even if i gave you a map and gave you a blueprint of everything inside of me.
    On another note, I really loved this piece on beauty and life.It seems like that shit is all around me. It's nice to see you pouring your heart so vibrantly. Keep it up, I want to see you write more about society.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this..good reminder..
    ps. rarely satisfied..sounds like you have the best of both worlds.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh rarely satisfied, seeing your name makes your response understandable. I am not posing a rubric, I'm stating something I live by, that may or may not work for others. I am not offended, but you comparing me to a "douche bag in society" doesn't fly with me. You seem very intelligent and I love your flow, but if you want to get anywhere with me, constructive criticism is acknowledged, and attacks make me lose respect for you.
    Also, don't be fooled. I'm a realist as well. I'm not living in a fantasy land where everything is beautiful. Life can be ugly too, but I think it is way easier to get through it with a positive mind-set than a negative one. That's all I was trying to get across.

    ReplyDelete