Saturday, January 16

Conflict, Consensus

I'm reading the book called Truman, about Harry Truman, former US Pres.  He was a captain of a US battery in WWI; there he discovered leadership.  It's interesting how war, the biggest conflict of all, depends upon such consensus and functioning among the men in the batteries.  Gangs, too:  the most conflictful of groups, yet run on consensus to one great leader.  And what is on the opposite side of the continuum?  Look at love and marriage:  supposedly the highest form of consensus - and, yet, look at the conflict therein.   Post comments here about solutions, problems, with Paper #2.

1 comment:

  1. I am having trouble starting paper #2 as well. The comment given to S. Herandez has helped me to narrow down my topic and has given me the idea to use an event that I just experienced resently. Thanks MT! I feel better.

    ReplyDelete