Tuesday, October 20

This topic is NOT about the paper due tmr.

Last Sunday, I completed the Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco, CA. Yep- the full 26.2 miles. The energy was amazing! Groups of cheerleaders, volunteers, and musicians cheered on the 20,000 runners who participated, but one sign stood out to me from the crowd. It read: PAIN IS TEMPORARY, REGRET IS FOREVER. The whole time, I was repeating to myself "C'mon legs!!" Although in my mind I know the pain will be temporary, my body still really hates me right now. Aleve will be my best friend this week. Wave HI to me on campus- I'll be the girl walking at the pace of an octogenarian.

5 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! Its so amazing to know that there are people like you in my class!!!!!! Just in case I dont see you on campus..... HI:-)......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there :) I like your blogger name (esp all the !!!! marks). Thanks very much for the kind words- I appreciate the comments. PS- Thanks for the "Stressed Out" post. The sample paper/tips that came from that post helped everyone. Have a good night!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heeeeyyyy! Congrats on the marathon race! :-D 'Can't wait to hear more about it tomorrow (I'm sure by the time you're done reading this message, you'll figure out who this is... haha) See you in class! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi StarGazer! THANKS for the comment!! Yeah, I'm pretty sure I know who this is :) See you tmr (in BOTH of my classes)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. really good! thank you for inspiring all of us

    ReplyDelete