Friday, April 1

immature

A few days ago I added a certain individual as a friend on Facebook. When we were in high school I didn't get along with this person because I thought that person was really immature and me honest as I was and still am, told that person I didn't like them because of it. The problem then was not so much the way that person acted but the remarks that the person made about others. I mean we are all entitled to a certain level of immaturity to keep us from going insane in the adult world, because deep down we don't want to face the cruel reality that we have grown. But I guess some people never do grow even if just a bit. When I added the person I figured, we were in high school way back in the age of the dinosaurs time has passed maybe they've matured. Boy was I wrong, apparently maturity hasn't kicked in yet, and I find it frustrating when I come across the stupid remarks that person makes. Now I'm just contemplating the idea of "de-friending" that person. Have any of you ever dealt with such individuals?

4 comments:

  1. I can tell by your post that you are annoyed with the person you requested to be your friend. You thought he/she might have matured over the years - then you said, "Boy was I wrong, apparently maturity hasn't kicked in yet..." What exactly happened that caused you to make this comment? What stupid remarks did he/she make after your friend request? You didn't mention what specifically caused you to feel annoyed in your post. I am curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... what exactly caused this?
    Also, defriending would be a good idea if he/she is the type to mess around with your personal photos and add them on 4chan or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This person has a tendency to make too many racial remarks. When I accepted this person as a friend I figured that those types of remarks were a thing of the past, I'll admit I have laughed at times to some remarks done by other people, some that poke fun at my race as well, I'm guilty of that, but for this person it's like making such comments is an everyday thing and honestly its annoying. we are all entitled to be different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I replied to this sometime last week, but it didn't post for some reason.
    What do you mean when you say the person makes too many racial remarks? What exactly does he or she say? Why are you surprised by the comments if the same thing happened in the past? How long has it been since you two were in high school? More detail please...

    ReplyDelete