Wednesday, April 13

Favorite Part of the Day...

Like many of the students at Cal State LA, I am a parent.  I have a one-year old son who is the absolute light of my life.  I was fortunate enough to be able to stay home with him for the first 9 months of his life, however, I had to come back to school to finish my education and of course give him a better life.  It was EXTREMELY hard for me to go back to school because I had been with him every single day of his life.  We were attached at the hip (or my chest since that's where he slept).  Now, it seems as if he is becoming increasingly attached to me everyday.  This, at times, makes it hard for me to leave for school because of how badly he cries out for me.  I have, however, learned to look at the brighter side of having to go to school. Whenever I pick him up from his grandmother's house, he runs to the door with the biggest smile on his face, laughing and screaming at the top of his lungs.  When I step inside and pick him up, he gives me a million hugs and kisses and it is the most amazing moment in the world.  This makes me feel a lot better about going to school because I know that this is the greeting I will get when I return.  This is my absolute FAVORITE part of the day...

What's yours?

4 comments:

  1. That was a very awesome story to share with us. I think what you're doing is great. It's hard to balance school and child, isn't it? I hope this quarter turns out to be a great quarter for you with the highest grades possible.

    Be strong, you're not alone :-)

    And yes, that too, is the best part of my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a child of my own but about 3 years ago my cousin's kids moved in to my parents house. The oldest was 5 and the younger one was 2 at the time. The little one slept in my room and since mom wasn't there I was the one she saw when she woke up. She's 5 now and still calls me mom even though she knows I'm not. I don't get to see her much because I stay in LA during the week. BUT when I see her on the weekend she gives me the same feeling. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say the best part of my days are Saturday and Sunday mornings and evenings . Those are the days my family and I eat together at the table and spend some quality time. My family as in Parents and siblings. M-F we all have different schedules. There are days that we do not see each other. Those are the days I look forward to, spending quality time and enjoying each others company and hearing laughs here and there. Oh what good times!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a strong woman. I admire woman that are able to still go to school and take care of the kids. Is something hard to do, but still can be accomplished.

    ReplyDelete