Thursday, April 14

The Conversation of LIKE

I have observed many conversations of what I called "modern conversation." And what I have learned is many people violently use the word "like" in their conversation. Some conversations are very short, about 3 sentences, but I can count almost 10 words of "like." Here is an example of a sentence, I try "like" to be nice with her, but "like" she is "like" kind of mean or "like" kind of shy. What is going on people? Is it called modernization of conversation?

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you! It is so sad how everyone speaks now, I even catch myself saying 'like' when it means nothing and adds nothing to my speech.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ew. If it's used to describe something, I don't see what why you can't you the word "like." However, if it's used like how you've described it... I might just kindly suggest the person to use descriptive words instead of "like" all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really,like, I haven't really, like you know, noticed anything. Like, you really think people, really like you know, talk that way? LOL...Maybe it isn't a laughing matter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's funny because when I was a senior in high school, my English teacher challenged everyone to go ONE day without using the word "like" and no one was successful. I find it hard to break the habit myself.

    ReplyDelete