Thursday, April 21

Lost in a Whirlwind!!!---->advice needed

I am in a difficult situation. My relationship of six years has seen the beautiful as well as the down right ugly. My family looks down on my partner for everything that we have been through. I feel like I am constantly forced to choose between my family and my partner, the father of my son. I could understand why they do not like him and why many people stereotype him. He grew up on the streets and has tattoos everywhere. His most recent one is on his eyelids (which I hate!!!!!!). He does not look to take the most righteous of paths because he has only been shown deviance. Because we are a family, I love him and I feel like I have to have his back. Recently we just put a deposit down on a studio. It is not the nicest place but it has all of the neccessary things we need. Am I wrong for staying with him? And how do I tell my parents that I'm leaving??? I am so lost and do not know if I am making a big MISTAKE that I may end up regretting. I hate doubt! PLEEEASE HELP!!!

6 comments:

  1. Well, DO YOU LIKE Deviance? There's a missing link that I can tell you have not stated, which is fine you do not need to. Reading this though, you need to decide for yourself do you go with traditional values that your family have imposed on you which they might be right, remember they do have more life experience and might be looking out for your safety, and remember you hate the eyelid tattoo already) or do you go with what you think is right and go with your baby's daddy? If your in doubt already though, then go with your instinct because it is telling you something, and you already know the answer to it, just admit it to yourself already. That's great that you have a respect for your child's father, but in the long run you think about yourself and what truly is best financially, psychologically, and nurturing for your child and yourself. Last thing you want to do is regret the decision after you moved in with him a month later, and hypothetically have the relationship get worse, and have your child experience those issues with his ears and eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You already have a son?
    "but in the long run you think about yourself and what truly is best financially, psychologically, and nurturing for your child and yourself"-Mexicaprincess. I totally agree with her on that.

    It must be super hard, what you're going through. Be strong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry that you are dealing with such a difficult situation. I think that it is important for you to focus on what is best for you and your child. Everyone will have an opinion of what is best for you, but you know your life the best. I think you need to look inside yourself and see what you need in life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is he a gangster? If he decided to place a tattoo on his eyelids then he is not being a responsibe father because he is putting himself and his family in harms way by associating himself with gang related tattoos. Stay with parents...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with much that Mexicaprincess said. In addition, sometimes having someone's back means being up front with him. Have you considered using moving into the studio as a springboard for conversation on what you expect out of your relationship? If you are not sure what to do, remember putting a deposit down on a place doesn't mean you are obligated to move in together. Like MP said, when it doubt follow your instincts. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone for the advice...I really appreciate it and feel that I do need to look with-in and decide what is best for me and my child. Descions are hard to make but I know making the right one will overall make me and my child stronger.

    ReplyDelete