Monday, April 4

Time Goes On

After this weekend I looked forward to starting off this week on a positive note. I woke up to write my morning pages only to figure out that I was running short on time. I wrote as much as I could and as I drove to campus I realized that not only did I forget to print my morning pages but I forgot two of my textbooks at home. Living more than twenty miles away there was no turning back to retrieve my forgotten items. As I sat in my 9:50 class I felt my heart race and I felt myself become frantic. As much as I tried to concentrate on my professor at the front of the classroom I could not focus. I didn't want to get up and interrupt class so I started to finish writing my morning pages in hopes of alleviating my inner panic. As I wrote I felt myself calm down and my breathing return to a normal pattern. I soon realized that I was subconsciously stressing myself out over having forgotten my books and laptop at home. Just writing out my frustrations helped me get over what I had no control over. I guess this was a learning lesson for me: time goes on whether we are ready or not. Maybe this will only make sense to me but just the simple act of writing to help me relax really helped me feel better.

3 comments:

  1. I say lucky you. I wish my anxiety can stop there. I literally faint when it gets that far in my anxiety. As far as forgetting stuff, happens all the time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good reminder. stop. accept.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It happens to everyone! Glad your better!

    ReplyDelete