Saturday, April 9

So on Wed. the Professor mentioned she didn't have children. That is the third Professor that has said that in class.WOW!! So I don't have to have kids..big sigh of relief!! I have so much pressure about that, and sometimes I think yes I do, and then no I don't.My husband says "No" but then he has his moments as well.So what to do our clock is ticking as it is said, who ever said that?I'm 34 and my husband is 35 we have been married for 10 years in Oct., we can pass for 25 year olds...a good thing=) Family pressure is the worst, I try to answer them in a polite way, it just bugs us when we get asked, "when are you guys planning on having kids"? Family doesn't seem to understand that I feel that there is a lot of work to be done in our society and that is where my heart is, but at times I question if I will regret not having any.....

2 comments:

  1. I can relate to your situation. Although I am not married I have also faced the family pressures about having kids. I was raised in a traditional Mexican family and most of my family members already had settle down and had kids by the time they reach my age.. 21.. yes I know that's young but my family is old school Mexican. My mom keeps asking me when am I going to give her a grandchild (I don't know if she already has 6) but having children is just not a priority of mine. I want to finish school, focus on my career and accomplish all my goals before I even think about children because I feel that children deserve all of their parents attention and I would not want to be divided between my career and my children like a lot of women are. And I also agree with you on your opinion that out society need a lot of work. I think as long as your heart feels you are doing the right thing you should not let the pressure get to you. And honestly hearing that some of our successful professor don't have kids gives me hope that people can still be happy without following everyone's expectations. Stay true to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. like the above comment.
    (21 years old is way too young to have children)
    I think deep inside every person knows when the right time is/or is not.

    ReplyDelete