Monday, February 15

The Real World : West Hollywood

Living in West Hollywood has and it's still is an experience I'm going through. As I walk to get coffe men are everywhere, age range from thirty and above to a point where it's considered old. But these men are different of what is consider to be the manly hood style. Ofcourse they are men, but way too healthy; there's no problem there, but it just looks different from my culture experience. Men were supposed to be tough and less sensitive, men do not dance unless they don't move much of their hips. Is this actually based on my culture how my parents raised me, of how society views men should be, masculine and not feminine.

2 comments:

  1. reminds me of a study some sociologist did a while back: looked at men and women walking down the street when they felt they were being looked at. Women swayed their hips; men swayed - or "led" - with their shoulders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to a ever changing world

    ReplyDelete