Sunday, February 21

Memories that make me smile

When I was young I use to take care of my grandmother even though she "claimed" that she took care of me and my brothers and sisters lol. I would pretend to be her nurse, hand her medicine as indicated, and give her water all the time. She has been a stong figure in my life who had a fascinating sense of humor which clearly runs in the family. She would tell me stories of when she was young and of when I was born and everything of that sort. She has met most of my ex some of my friends even some of my insturctors. She always wanted the best for me even though at times I thought she didnt care for me.
She had made me and my sisters a promise that she would take us to the beach again when my sister would reach her height...the problem is that my sister is like a foot and a half taller than her now lol. This always makes me laugh...but sometimes it is the thought that matters the most.

My grandmother has been in the hospital sense Thursday...I've been going sense Thursday for about 4 hours each day. She is glad to see me. It makes me terribly sad when she says "death is finally calling me" but then I tell her to hang in there until I get married and she could scream out "I object" since she almost never liked any of my boyfriends...haha that made her laugh. I cant bare the thought of not having her but I know that it is inevitable, her heart and kidneys are giving in. I just hope I get to see her for a longer time.

It is the simplest things in life that are worth a lot such as memories...and usually we dont realize we have them until they are gone...Im glad I do appreciate life's simplicities and for that reason I do smile inspite of the situation.

1 comment:

  1. helping a person go through that door is one of the most blessed things you can do. offer love, music, scent - hum, chant. The sense of sound is the strongest at death. best wishes to you. it can be a very magical time as well as humanly very sad.

    ReplyDelete