Thursday, November 20

Seize the Day!!!

I recently came across a great quote by Alexander Woollcott that i wanted to share. He said, "There is no such thing in anyone's life as an unimportant day." I can definitely relate to this quote because i often take my days for granted and never really do anything spontaneous or enjoyable for myself. I tend to stick to my daily routine, which can get boring and monotonous. Therefore, i have made a pact with myself to try to seize the day more, carpe diem! I also hope everybody will take at leat 5 minutes from their days and do something for you and what will ultimately make you happy!

5 comments:

  1. I know what you mean; sometimes it's hard to feel free during the week because of work and school. Time seems to fly by and all you have is the weekend to really enjoy your surroundings. But definitely if we lived with gratitude each day we could appreciate the riches we have in our lives. Every day is a blessing, be Thankful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think we are so consume with our daily rituals that we often forget how special each day really is. recently i had a death in my family wich for at least one( the one day of the funeral services )took my whole family out of the normal hussle. it is sad to asmit that sometimes it takes tradegies for people to come together and realize that we are more than just our daily activities

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks that was a great post, we should seize the day and live each day as if it were your last, cuz one day it might be. We should never settle and always enjoy our life to the fullest. NEVER EVER SETTLE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Each day is not special, it's just another day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think everyday IS special because its YOUR life, therefore everyday is YOUR day, and YOUR in it. I often think of death, which I can say is probably my greatest fear. That is why when I leave home and my parents are there, I have made it a habit to kiss them goodbye and say "I love you". Because i don't know if and when I will see them again, I might get in a car accident or simply just anything can happen.
    Somewhere awhile ago I read that one should try to do something nice for another person everyday. Whether its a simple smile to a stranger or a quick hello....the positive energy given to others transmits itself right back to you, and makes you feel good.
    Therefore, SEIZE THE DAY! and make it count! =)

    ReplyDelete