Wednesday, November 19

The Four Agreements

If there was no justice done for this book in class, here in brief are the main points of leading yourself to personal freedom according to Don Miguel Ruiz and the Toltecs:

1. Be Impeccable With Your Word
Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.
2. Don't Take Anything Personally
Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering.
3. Don't Make Assumptions
Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.
4. Always Do Your Best
Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse and regret.

Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. After reading the four agreements I realize that i take things personal all the time and I am always making assumptions.Everytime I do this it affects me a lot. Reading this and you discussing it in class open my eyes and made me realize that i need to stop taking things personal and making assumtions for my own good.I believe that if I do this I will be much happier.
    Thank you for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, why not pass such useful knowledge. Someone decided it was great advice to pass on to me and I've been grateful. I'm glad I could help, have fun further discovering your path to personal freedom ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for posting this, it really is great! I can definitely relate especially with don't take anything personally and don't make assumptions. I think we often forget that everything is not always about us and some of the things people say or do are not always directly aimed at us.These are great advices to live by!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "The Four Agreements", "The Secret", Buddhism, Judaism, Jainism, and “The Law of Attraction”: the list can go on. There is a connection here, there is a message that all these and others resonate. No matter what method you prefer, the energy is the same. Now why can’t we all just get along? What about instead of thinking about ourselves we make time out of our day to bring joy to someone else. Listening to “The Four Agreements” being read in class made me feel grateful there are people out there who are open-minded, willing to improve and create change. Living in the city, dealing with road rage, keeping up with the rat race, it’s the dog eat dog mentality that keep’s us from creating connections with each other. We might feel different from each other but we are more similar than we think. I hope people take time to relax their mind, read “The Four Agreements” or like Professor Tabor suggested to me “The Science of Mind” by Ernest Holmes. Take time to meditate and quite your spirit, if you’ve never done so before don’t you think you give yourself a nice healthy moral boosting brake?

    ReplyDelete
  5. thx for posting these. Great.

    the parallel Buddhist site I linked to is http://www.buddhaweb.org/

    ReplyDelete
  6. 5th Agreement
    Make as much money as you can because after all that what matters the most in life. You can not really be happy without money.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i really enjoyed receiving this information.thanks a lot. i would like to purchase that book, where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I received this book as a gift, yet I have given this book as a gift as well. I purchased it at Barnes and Noble, many other bookstores carry it as well.

    ReplyDelete