Wednesday, November 19

"Change"? Really?

I didn't vote. Hate me, whatever! Booooooo me! I gives a shit! LOL! These two candidates do not have my interests in mind. They have corporate interests. They do not represent me. Whomever the two final candidates were, you're telling me I have to choose one of them. So...people died in order for me to blindly vote for one of these candidates? I'm a bad person if I don't choose the worst of two evils. I refuse to believe people died so I can give a vote away. They did not shed blood so I can choose out of two bad candidates. They died because they believed their vote meant something. It means nothing to me now. It's not wrong that you believe your vote is your voice, it is wrong for the government to feed you the illusion of choice. Give me a choice, damn it! Here are two equally bad men running for President, and I take shit for not giving them the Commander In Chief title? Emotionally, yeah, voting is symbolic. We want freedom, not just a symbol of freedom. We want the actual thing, not its symbolic equivalent. Immigrants are mad cause they can't vote. They do their research, they know all the propositions, good for yall. Young ones are eager to "voice" themselves. Good for America. America has this circular reasoning that since the government gives us a ballot and a dot maker, our voices are heard. I laugh! "Change" is another four years of the Bush Regime. It's just that McCain would have been worst that four more years of Bush. So damn me to hell cause I don't want to choose one head and not the other of the snake. Are yall ready for "change" in the transition from a white face to a black face? That's all it is. Now we are presented with a minstrel show. White interests, high class interests, just now with a black face. I love people, black or brown. What I hate is the people buying into a facade. Organize for yourself, be active on behalf of the people, not corporations. All I applaud is that this black man will go down in history for proving Pac wrong. If this man is assassinated, here we go again...Another white man telling us what to do and feel. Can't wait for all the angry comments :) PS that stuff on racism being gone...more hilarious than voting itself.

8 comments:

  1. No angry comment just one question, if you felt this strong about it why wait until after the election to say anything???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is not voting giving a vote away as well? Is the only difference that we, you, I, can't really be mad if something doesn't go the way we hoped or expected, cuz "we" didn't vote?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you should take a look at these links there minstral shows....

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LMrdcs4ucc



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kc4EwD5hoA

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC2xqpCGDqY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Mrs. /MR anonymous,
    I find it interesting that you decided to wait after the elections and one week before class ends to express how you feel about the elections and about why people such as me find it important to vote. I am interested in a comment that you made, that was a contradiction. You say, "Now we are presented with a minstrel show." (Have you every watched a minstrel show?) But then you say "White interests, high class interests, just now with a black face." (How can you compare this with a minstrel show?) Then you say "I love people, BLACK or brown." interesting um... yeah minstrel shows were designed to degrade black culture!?!?! Okay- so I really don’t understand your comparison. Any who, I don’t give a rat’s ass rather you voted or not. It doesn’t break or make me! I don’t give a shit about how you feel about the candidates or how you feel about the black men and women who shed blood because the wanted equal rights! They wanted to vote! I don't give shits about how you feel about the women who shed blood because they wanted equal rights as well! They wanted to vote! But when you wanna use my experiences as a weapon against me to justify your reasons on why you did not vote. Becomes a problem. Oh here are some LINKS TO minstrel shows. Help me understand how this relates to Obama, presidential election, and voting. It would be wrong of me to say what I think your “motives” are……

    ReplyDelete
  6. one thing I do agree with is that sometimes the "grassroots" level of revolt is the most effective in actually changing things that our individual cultures or communities really stand for.

    ReplyDelete