Wednesday, March 9

final - write it as if YOU decided on this topic

not as if I asked.
the 6 sides of the cube:
1.  bottom, the foundation, the floor:  this is a "natural law" - something you  believe about how the world works.  e.g., love makes the world go round; education is power; karma operates; effort pays off.  what is YOUR operating belief?  Where did it come from?
2.  Self:  that's you - your temperament, stamina, energy, self awareness - your "Me" and your "I" - you are an individual even though you have been crafted by the social world around you
3.  Networks:  these are the people you see routinely - daily, weekly, annually.  Your family, friends.  Are your networks weak or strong?  Etc.
4.  Social Struture:  what are the social operations, procedures around you? 
5.  Change:  all of this lives in change
together those five give you the top:
6.  Your vision

You might wish to use this schema in putting together your earlier works.  Remember you do not have to repeat what your said - unless you want to.  You need not even agree with what you previously said.  Write from now; write like you decided to articulate the way you understand yourself and others.  Where did it come from? 

4 comments:

  1. I thought this was going to be hard but after reading this carefully, I realized it really isn't. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah i agree. At first i rejected the idea of the cube because I thought it was difficult, but after reading this I have decided to use the cube method.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good - glad the cube makes it easier

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with cookie & GuessWho - when I was in class i was pretty lost and confused on what was going on. I'm glad you(MT) posted this up.. It's much easier to understand now! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete