Tuesday, March 29

Creativity- are you prepared?

Blogging?!?! Such a modern twist to such a traditional subject. I'm excited for this class and the journey I'm beginning with all of you. I especially like the video shown during the first class (even though the presenter thought he was funnier than he really was). The part that stuck out most to me was when he said something along the lines of we have to be prepared to be wrong in order to be creative. I found this to be particularly interesting because I couldn't think of a single time during my 26 years on earth where going against the majority was encouraged. I was wondering what everyone's take on this was, do you remember when you stopped being creative? or do you feel you were brought up in a setting that encouraged creativity?

1 comment:

  1. I stopped being creative at an early age. Trauma does that to some while for others, trauma encourages being creative.

    *hint* we're around the same age, won't say by how many years.

    I do disagree. I went to public school and as early as I can remember, I was taught to question authority especially if it didn't make sense or it seemed intended only to benefit the person making the decisions.

    Let's just say it got me into more trouble than good. Awesome post! Look forward to more questions and thoughts coming from you.

    ReplyDelete