Wednesday, March 4

Classmates in Soc Classes

We are two weeks away from the quarter being officially over and we have only one more class meeting. Sad but at the same time happy to be done with a quarter inching closer to graduation. There are classmates in SOC 301 that I have in other classes and having other classes with them have helped me make networks with classmates. Sometimes we don't understand the assignment or we missed class so we go to another familiar face for help. It creates a helpful network. Has this happened to some of you? Have your school networks changed from the beginning of the quarter to now?

5 comments:

  1. that's good to hear - and next time I will make more certain that people realize they can use the blog for that purpose. that way, not only can students help each other, they can collectively shape the tasks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not utilized my opportunity to network with classmates this quarter, but have in previous years. I do see the significance of establishing connections with those who share a common purpose and can help to answer questions when you don't want to show your professor you don't understand something. I agree with MT that using this blog as a way to answer questions for papers seems to have worked out great for everyone. Not only is networking important while you're in college, but you will find that it is crucial to your existence and growth in the workforce. You never know how one person you never would have normally talked to could help to change your life forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes it has. If I missed class for some apparent reason, I don't worry too much because I know I can ask one of my classmates the next day in another class. I like having people for the same class because not only can you make friends, but they help you with the assignments if there too hard or you just missed class the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can definetly say that once you see more and more familiar faces around you become more comfortable in your environment. When I was a freshman i didn't seek networking with any of my classmates and when i missed class i found it very uncomfortable to ask what i missed. Now that i recognize some people from my other Soc classes i feel more comfortable asking questions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. true, i didnt realize how important blogging waas until i appreciated other peoples opinions

    ReplyDelete